We have decided that living in Cache Valley you can not let the weather stop you from doing that you planned or you would never get anything done. So here is how we spent our rainy Saturday. First off, on Friday morning we closed on our building loan...Yea! So today in the rain we dug our hole, yes we have started we have a hole where one day our first home (that we own) will sit. My hubby's friend from his LDS mission works for an excavation company in SLC so he rented a track-hole and came up and dug our hole. He brought a buddy up too so they could get the job done faster. My hubby told me that his buddy keep saying to him that he is the boss and he should not have to be out in the rain. I love the pictures below of Little A. He loved the big track-hole. We went out three different times and then would have to go home and warm up. I love the picture of the "2 bosses".
The tack-hole is so big but it is amazing how something so big can do such a delicate job at the same time. It has a lot to do with the operator I am sure. My hubby's buddy is awesome at what he does. You can tell in the close up how serious he is about his job. Thanks a Ton!!!
Here are shots of different angles of the hole. It is hard to see it really well because we are building a walk-out basement so it is not too deep. When it drys up a little more I will put Little A in there so you can size it up. So it may have rained but that did not stop us from starting our house. Now just pray for good weather because the ground needs to dry by Wednesday for the foundation guys came come and start. I want to send a out a BIG thanks to my Brother R. too for delivering the track-hole and returning it for us. I love having a family that is so willing to help.
Tonight My sister J invited us over to her Boy Friends house for Pizza and milk shakes. We had a fun time just chatting while the kids played in the basement. We had my other sister's daughters there too, so there were 6 kids under the age of 9 there, 2 teenagers, and 4 adults. Little A learned how to play the Guitar while we were there and became a ram. My sister's Boy Friend teenage daughter put the Darth Vader Mask on she is so funny to be around. 



10 comments:
yay! congrats on getting the house started.
Hooray for starting on your house!
Little A is a big rockstar. Love the mudhole, love your family!
That is so exciting. You are going to be homeowners, you're growing up :). You really braved the weather. It wasn't just raining it was POURING! love the pics of Andrew.
Wow. I can't believe your house is started! How exciting! Congrats.
Congratulations! That looks like so much fun. You will love watching your house get built and being a part of it. P.S. I love the duck pictures and post too, that is hilarious.
Yea on starting the house. Thanks for taking Samantha during the middle of all of it. She had so much fun spending time with just you and Andrew at the carnival and out to luch. She felt very special.
Congrats on getting started!
Wohoo!!! Congrats on getting your house started. That is SUPER exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of the whole fun process!
I'm so excited that your started your new house! You will love having your own place. Good luck and have fun choosing colors and everything else.
Post a Comment