Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pickett Family Reunion

Yesterday was a busy day Little A and I started out by working on the house with my hubby and then headed home for nap time and clean up time. Once Little A woke up the fun began. We went to a wedding shower for my sister in law to be. My hubbies little bro is getting married in Aug. After the shower we headed to the Pickett family Reunion. We almost did not make it seeing that my car's temp was running way high so we drove with the heater on and very slow all the way through the canyon. Luckily I have a great family so my brother drove it home for me. When we got there it was a good time. The little Kids played in the water while the adults got to catch up on the old times. Here are some random pictures from the day. Little A was pulling this face all day. My Uncle B did a little presentation on what a history is and why it is important. We then were able to write down memories of our grandparents and he is going to type them all up for us. Our Grandpa will passed away about 3 years ago and I really think this is the first time the family had gotten together since then to remember what a great man he was and still is. There is a picture of my awesome grandma too. I have really learned to love and admire this women in the last year. I have been going and visiting with her weekly and I have learned so much about her. It is awesome to have the whole family together and to be able to add new memories.
On a totally other note. This is a picture of the front of the house. For the most part this is what it is going to look like. Things are coming together great. Some of our rough plumbing is done and we should be starting our HVAC this week!!!

8 comments:

joyous said...

Wow! Your house really is starting to come together! What fun to see it come from the ground up.

Travis and Brittany said...

The house is looking good! that is so fun! little A is getting so big! Aren't they at such a fun age!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Wow we need to meet at the house again this week to swith the girls so that I can walk thru it. It looks like a lot has changed!!

Shera said...

Your house looks beautiful!!!

Shannon said...

Family reunions are always fun. I'm glad that your car didn't explode on the way up. That would have been a bummer. ;) Also, WOW! Your house looks amazing! I can't believe how quickly it's coming together.

West's said...

Your home is coming along great! We might be coming up next weekend I'd lvoe to see it in person! I'll keep ya posted!

Crystal said...

Your house looks way cute! I bet you love the whole building process.

Crystal said...

Your house looks way cute! I bet you love the whole building process.