Thursday, January 21, 2010

New homes first big party!

When we finished our house many of my Aunts and cousins wanted to know when they were going to be able to come and see it. I love my new house so I was excited to get to show it off. My cousin Brent is getting married so I offered to host the Bridal Shower for his future wife Katie, this way I only had to clean my house one and everyone could come and see it. It ended up going every smoothly I was not sure how to set things up but now I am ready for my next party I have figured the best way to set up the food and the chairs so bring on the fun. I stole some of the picture from my sister Jodi's Blog. I love the one of my Grandma and her only living sibling. It was fun to have the to of them together.
Little A has really taken to becoming quit the cook. He loves to spread his own peanut better and to help with dinner every night. Last night I was making cupcakes for some friends and of course there Little A was helping. I tried not to let him taste the batter but as soon as he did it was all over. I gave in and even let him lick one of the beaters. He was a little confused because I would usually not let him do that. After they were baked we let him have one and I frosted it but that was not enough he need to put sprinkles (spinkies as he calls them) on top before he would eat it. I thank my sister Kim for that because she let the grandkids decorate sugar cookies at my mom's a while back and he fell in love with them that day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, I love sprinkles too! Your home is beautiful, you should be so proud of it!

Shannon said...

Mmm cupcakes. :) I want to see your house too! Just from the pictures I have seen I'm sure it's lovely. What a nice, big kitchen!!!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

The shower was great!!! Yes Little A also frosted cookies with "sprinkies" at scouts with us one night when we were tending him. He frosted about 3 but wouldn't eat any of them!!

Staci said...

Sounds like fun! I wish I could see your house in person, from the pictures it looks beautiful.

Ronda said...

I guess you'll have to throw me a party! :) I want to see your house so bad!