I need to start this post off by saying what a great husband and family I have. My hubby worked so hard this weekend and I want to thank all of our family that helped in so many different ways.
Last week our basement floor was poured in our house. So that meant that this weekend was full of framing and laying the floor. Below are picture of the basement before work started this weekend. Little A love all the different pipes that stuck out of the ground. I got Little A a bunch of different outfits to wear at the house at a garage sale a few weeks back. It has been great to just let him get dirty and not have to worry about it.
On Saturday the basement was framed and they started to put on the floor. I could not have done some of the things that they did because I am not a big fan of high edges. See picture below of my hubby on the cement wall. Little A wanted to help but was more in the way than anything.
Today they finished most of the floor, built the stairs, and framed one of the main floor exterior walls. My Father-in-law use to frame houses so his knowledge and help has been great. My dad also leveled out the pit-run (the dirt and gravel) in the garage so the floor can be poured this week. Little A has a work site bag of toys, my mom bought him a wheel barrel to use out at the house. He was loading it with wood squares and it would tip over and he would start again. The camera batteries died so I will try to get a picture next time.
Once again I want to THANK everyone that helped us out. It is amazing how fast things happen with the help of 2 great families.


3 comments:
WOW! I am super impressed with how fast things are moving. I am so excited for you!
That is so awesome! It's already looking like a house! How exciting. Good call getting Little A some "work" clothes. I have a few outfits like that for Dav that I put him in when we go to the park so he can crawl around in the dirt and I won't stress. :)
Yea I will have to come see it sometime this week.
Post a Comment