We are getting way excited because the house is starting to take shape and look like a house. The Sheetrock is done and most of the exterior is based. We have been working on the finish work and it is fun but a lot of work. Here are some of the things that we are doing to add character to our house. My hubby put these columns in with out asking me and a first I was a little worried but I really like what he has done with them. In little A room we have created a wains coating that goes 2/3 of the way up his wall with a shelf on 2 of the walls in his bedroom. In the other room we did a shadow boxing on 1 wall. We think we are going to add a little shelf on the top.
We are running a chair rail with a board look in the living room. We have them cut but not hung yet. The bottom picture is to show a window but it did not work very well. It also shows our crown molding in our tray ceiling.
I love our doors. We wanted to go with something that fit our home style and was not seen in every house. I think that my hubby has framed them awesome to add the right touch. I has to put my hard working hubby and his little helper in one of the pictures.
Baseboard not to exciting but I wanted to document it. Now is the big question... On the exterior we are debating what to do with the top part that looks like boxes so I want all of your opinions. Here are the 2 ideas. The first is to do it all one color that is lighter than the wall color. The second on is to run the wall color in the back and just do the trim or the part the stick up a lighter color. (the horizontal and vertical lines). Please let me know what you think.



7 comments:
wow! it is looking awesome. i have no idea what you should do, but whatever you decide, i'm sure it will turn out great.
I vote for just doing the trim in the lighter color, but it will look great either way. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the end. Congratulations!
It definitely looks like a house! So exciting.
Wow I can't wait to come and help tonight. It looks awesome. As far as color you and Adam have done everything right so far so I would go with what you two think!!
I love all the fun design features you guys have added to the house! It looks great. My vote is to do the whole thing in a lighter color than the rest of the wall. :)
I vote to paint the whole top part a lighter color. However, I have a hard time picturing these things sometimes, so don't just take my word for it! Its really coming together though! So exciting!
I vote all one color. I am a simple gal. It is looking great. So excited for you.
Post a Comment