Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Break Day 2

Spring Break Trip Day 2
Moab, Arches National Park, and Dead Horse State Park
Approximate Driving Time: 2 hours
Approximate Hiking Time: 6 hours
This was a great day and a very tiring day for me. We started off bright and early and headed into Arches National Park. I love this park, I have been there a few other times but was able to still see things this time and I had not before. Everyone but my mom, Jordan, Little A and I started off their day with delicate arch. My mom and I have both done it before and I knew I could not do it prego. We decided to take the 2 little one on the delicate arch over look hike. It was fun and Jordan was so cute with Little A. After that we walked around and saw some Indian writings and a home a family. Little A was more impressed with the frog in the stream.
After they all returned from their hike we ate lunch in the parking lot and headed to sand dune arch. This is one that I love. You hike through a narrow opening and then it opens up into a big sand pile with an arch in it. The sand was so soft and nice. We let the kids play for a while, during that time the adults just sat there taking in the sun.
Top Left= Jordan, Little A and my mom at the top of out hike, the arch in little in the background.
Top Right= Little A and I behind a sign telling about the Indian writings.
Bottom Left= the kids playing in the sand at sand dune arch.
Bottom Right= Little A burring himself in the sand.
To end the time at Arched we hiked into landscape arch, this is one that I had never seen. Jeff was a great sport and carried Little A in a pack on his back. During the hike he fell asleep and took a little nap (during the trip naps were taken when ever).
After all the fun hiking we decided to drive and see Dead Horse Point. It was so beautiful. Little A was a little mad because there was no horses when we got there.
Top Left= Kim in front of landscape arch.
Top Right= Little A asleep in the back on Jeff's back.
Bottom Left= Taylor, Little A, and I at Dead Horse Point.
Bottom Right= Little A, and I with the great view of Dead Horse Point.
Every night we eat great food and then would go swimming. Still to this day when Little A wants to get out of the car he will say dinner. All the time he want to go swimming.

No comments: