Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun with out sun!

As you can see by the title we has a blast in Cancun but no sun. It rained the first day that we were there and was over cast the rest of the time. Right before we had to head back to the airport to come home that sun came out for about 1 1/2 hours and we tried to get a tan in the little bit of time but it did not work. We did not let the weather stop us. Below there are pictures of us after we had went on a zip line though the jungle. There were 11 different zip lines that you would go down to start we climbed up a tree to get high up and then we headed on down. Both of us decided that this would most likely be the only time that we would get this experience so we anted to live it up so when they asked for people to try going upside down we jumped on the opportunity. The picture that was taken at night is at our hotel I did not get any great pictures of the hotel but it was amazing. We stayed at the Paradisus on the Riviera.

The second day we were there we headed into town to shop and go to an aqarium. I was so fun. We traveled around with 2 other couples. One was from SLC (Johnathan and Ashlee) and the husband was the regional sales rep. for the stucco company that we were attending the confence for. The other couple was from Az. the husband has a stucco business (Groege and Eunice). It was way fun to have other couples to hang out with. One of the guys bought that way cool mask that he is wearing, they were for sale everywhere. The 2 picture below of the trees are the view that we had from our room.

At the shopping mall there was a water fountian and I just had to run into the middle to get my picture taken. The rest of the pictures are of the group at the aqarium. Lets just say we knew how to have fun.
The last night that we were there, there was a dinner held for close the conference and to give awards away to different companies. We were all dressed up and felt like princesses. The group picture took me back to high school. I felt like I was at a school dance getting our group picture taken. The hotel had all these neat little areas that were perfect for nice pictures.
On the last day before we flew out we decided that we were going to get into the ocean on matter what. The wind was blowing like every other day that we were there. It was blowing so hard that they were not letting people scuba dive, so the boys swam and the girls jumped the waves.
We had a great time and we are so appericative for all of thoes who helped with little A while we were gone. I am going to miss being wined and dinned at all times. Our hotel was all inclusive so I never went with out. We had great meals and all the beverages taht we wanted. I may have missed some things but I am sure you are all sick of reading by now.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That sounds so nice. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

The pictures are so cute. It looks like so much fun. It makes me want to go on vacation BAD!!

Goodwin Family said...

I'm so jealous! How fun just the two of you got to go on a vacation!! How did Little A hold up without you guys?

Chelsea said...

Looks like you had a fun time!

Becky S. said...

ahhhh...that sounds amazing! Even without the sun! Glad you had fun :)

Sarah said...

I am so jealous...it looks absolutely amazing! Glad you had a good time, even without the sun.

Ronda said...

How fun!!! I'm so glad that you had a good time! And yes, thank you sooo much for the gift! I was so excited to have a package in the mail! You are so great and thank you thank you!!! Hope you are doing great! Talk to you later!

Shannon said...

Wow. That looks amazing. Bummer about no sun, but the zip line sounds awesome. I love all the pics! How nice to be able to get away and have a vacation. I want one . . . somewhere warm and sunny!

Staci said...

Jill I am jealous! It sounds like you guys had such a fun time. What a fun trip, and especially for you guys to get out of the snow.

Jen said...

That makes me want to go back! Looks like tons of fun--a lot better than cold and smoggy air!

Ashlee said...

Yay I found your blog! We ha a blast with you guys. I'm so glad we got to go, I felt so pampered! I miss it already. I've heard it's beautiful there in April or May...let's go the K???

The Munfords said...

Hey Jill your family is way cute. Thanks for the Christmas card. I hope your holidays were good. It looks like you had a nice vacation. everyone I know is taking a vaction this month. I sure wish I was. Kim

West's said...

Way fun! what a great getaway!

joyous said...

That looks like a blast. I love that there were other couples to hang out with too. You can hang together or just with your hubby...the best of both worlds!

Olson Family said...

JILL!!! oh my gosh! i am so glad i found your blog! well... that you found mine ;) your trip looked like a LOT of fun!! I have always wanted to go to cancun! and now I just want to go even more! Especially to do the zip line thing... that seems like it would be so much fun!

Crystal said...

What a fun vacation. I bet you loved getting away from the stresses of teaching. How nice! Who needs the sun to have fun, right!?

The Douglas's said...

Fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. That sucks about the sun but at least you still had tons of fun! :)