Wednesday, October 7, 2009

UEA 2009

We had a great UEA this year. It was fun to do somethings that I have never done before. We started off on Friday and headed to Fossil Bute. The kids loved it. My sister wanted us to go because her daughter has been learning about fossils in school. I was not too excited but in the end I loved it. We started out at the visitor center and looked around at all the awesome fossils and the history of Fossil Bute (by the way it is located on HWY 30 just before Kemmer WY). 50 million years ago Wy or at least that area was a tropic marsh land a lot like parts of Fl. what happened was all I could say to that. Mountain below is one of the mountains that they have been getting the fossils from.
We then decided to take the Fossil Lake. There is no lake there now but it was still way pretty. We had a little lunch on the bridge starting the trail the kids and grandpa were have a great time eating lunchable and enjoying the sun. While on the hike the boys got a kick out of the snow ans getting to have a snow ball fight. My niece was with us and she had to carry snow the whole time. I thought it was so cute.
Cousin R and Grandpa and Grandma taking a rest on one of the benches.
Little A and his little cousin on my hubby's side were troopers they walked most of the mile and a half. They were only carried on the steep part coming down. Below is the map of the trail that we hiked and a pic of grandpa reading more about the history of the trail. I love Little A in his green hat and he is so cute.
While on the hike we took a rest and my dad had to teach us about all the information he had read about the trail. So you may be wondering why the picture of the sheep. On our way back to the ranch from Fossil Bute we were greeted by these sheep on the road. They were herding them and there were at lease 500 of them. My sister and I sure got a kick out of it.
I really wanted Little A to ride the horse while we were at the ranch but he would only pet them. Maybe in a few years when he is older and bigger.

On the way home we had the pleasure of driving in the snow. The roads were covered but we all made it home safe.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

you guys always do the most fun things. i'm glad you had a good time and got home safe.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

looks fun we will have to do it again sometime when i can come

Shannon said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend outing! I cannot believe the snow though. Ugh I am so not ready for that.