Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay
~12 Runners
~27 Hours and 29 Minutes
~198 Miles
~Logan to park City
~800+ kills
They just keep getting better~faster~more competitive~and frankly more impressive!! This was Adam’s first year on the Team Elden Dattage Towing, they placed 29th out of 1092 teams!!! They covered 198 miles in just about 27 and a half hours. Leading up to the race I am sure they talked about it at least 1000 hours!!!
Adam joined with Lance, Jeff, Shea, Kyle, and a bunch of friends to relay from Logan to Park City.
This year I was able to volunteer at the starting line which was a blast. It is an exciting place to be and the feeling there is every inspiring.
Adam and I at the starting line. Adam was ready to head off in Van 1 for his first year. This year Tonia, Jodi, and I volunteered. Kim has in the past but Kinnick through a kink in it this year.
Van 1- Adam, Kyle, Jeff, Shea, Ben, and Lance!
Adam and the kids at Exchange 1. Shea started off the race and handed off to Jeff at the first exchange.
Jodi entertaining all the kids. Jeff is ready to had off to Kyle at exchange two.
Adam’s mom and sister came to see him head off for his first run and to cheer him on! A few years back his Holli ran the same leg that Adam was running.
Waiting for Kyle to come into the exchange. Getting mentally ready for his first of 3 runs.
The hand off. Setting the watch to time his run!
Van 1 excluding Adam he was running. Ben would run after Adam and then Lance would run and pass off the van 2.
Kyle handing Adam a drink. You may notice the orange flag. If a member of a van got out that was not running and came on the the route they had to carry that flag.
This was the only time we were able to watch them this year because they had a fast team so their other runs were in the middle of the night or way early in the morning. So the women and all the children headed off to Park City to swim and have fun and get ready to head to the finish line to cheer the team on!
Andrew and Andrew! This summer Ryker and Hayden’s cousin Big Andrew is staying with them for a few weeks. Little Andrew thought it was great to have a Big and Little Andrew!
Waiting for the team to cross the finish line!
Waiting for Daddy! The kids were both excited to see their dad at the end of the race. I am not sure why I took this picture of Jodi but she looks cute so I posted it!
Both Van 1 and 2 after the race!
Lance, Adam, Shea, and Jeff after the race!
The men and the kids after the race!
This is always a great weekend and a fun time for everyone involved. The men have a great time running and having men time and the women and kids bring a circus of fun no matter were we go! I have never been a runner but I will never had the ability of these men most running around an 8 minute mile and even some running closer to a 6 minute mile.



1 comment:
Good to see you are still posting...so fun to look back!
Post a Comment