Monday, December 16, 2013

Andrew’s Head

I was down stair putting Andrew laundry away and he came down to get me to come up for family prayer.  I told him to head up stairs and I would be up after I put a few more things away.  He ran off going as fast as he could and I heard a big thud.  He came running back to me crying and holding his head.  It was a different cry than he normally does.  I did not see his head but I was trying to calm him down and I looked at him and there was blood running down his head and all over my shirt. I picked him up and ran up stairs to Adam and he looked at it and we decided that we needed to take him to the ER.  So we called my Mom and she came to stay with Maelee and keep her calm because she was crying too worrying about her brother.  By the time we got to the ER the bleeding had stopped and we had a wait about 1 1/2 hours for a Doctor to see us.  The nurses were amazing in the ER but there is  reason that Doctors work in the ER and do not have their own practice.  In the end we came home with 5 staples and a sore head.   They numbed it with some gel and then put the staples in because it was either that or 3 to 4 shoots and then the staples.  Andrew was so brave and I was proud of how strong he was through the whole process.

DSC04712DSC04713DSC04737DSC04738
A little side note.  All after we spent the day helping my dad take down the hay barn.  Andrew of course was right in the middle of the whole thing.  I think I told my mom at least 10 time I will not be surprised if I end up having to take Andrew to the ER before this is over because he was right in the middle of the whole thing, but he waited until that night and hit into the handrail on the stairs.

No comments: