We had an amazing Christmas eve. I love that we have taken traditions from both of our childhoods and combined them to make our own traditions. One of the traditions from Adam’s childhood was to take and string popcorn and fruit on string and go and hang it in the canyon for the animals. We headed up Providence canyon this year and it was so much fun. It was cold and snowing so we did not g very far but we found places to hang out popcorn and fruit and to have some sledding time!
Walking to find a place to hang the food. I love how Maelee is just enjoying the ride!
Hanging the fruit the kids love this so much Andrew keep talking about what animals were going to eat his string.
Sledding after hanging the food!
After that we headed home to get ready to go over to my parents house. This is a traditions that I have from when I was a child. We would always go to Grandma Pickett’s house and have food, games, fun, gifts, Santa, and lots of cousin time! We have added a talent show to our night too, the kids love getting to show off in front of their cousins.
Maelee and Samantha dancing for Maelee’s talent. Andrew built an Auto body shop out of Legos for his talent I am so sad I did not get a picture of it.
Santa time! I love how Maelee is playing with Santa’s beard. Andrew was ready to list off many things to Santa. Good thing nothing new was added!
Great Grandma Pickett~What a treat to have her with us!!!
Grandma Tamra and Grandpa Elden
All the adults...love them all!!!
Santa gathered all the Grandsons and told them he had been watching and saw that they needed a little practice a hammering nails in at Grandpa's Ranch so he gave them all a hammer, nails and some wood to practice.
Every year we do the Nativity. This was something I did as a child so I love that my kids are a part of it now. Some of the same costumes are the same ones we used as children.
Wow...then present time!!! Grandma and Grandpa give to the kids, the kids give to Grandma and Grandpa, the cousins draw with the other cousins, the adults draw with the other adults, Grandma and Grandpa give to the adults, the adults give to Grandma and Grandpa, and everyone gives to Great-Grandma!!! What fun!!!
Hayden got a heater for a chair, he loved it!
Check it out!!!
The last gift is always PJ for the grandkids from Grandma and Grandpa. We also did this as children so it is so fun to see my kids be a part of it!
When we got home we gave the kids their Christmas eve gift from us. They both got a fleece blanket! We left food for the reindeer and cookies and milk for Santa and the kids we to bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment