Friday, February 13, 2009
Nap Help
Little A is almost one! I can not believe that a year has past already. I have a question/problem and I would love the help of all you moms out there. Little A hates to nap for me. He naps for the babysitter and my family but unless I rock him dead asleep he starts to cry when I lay him down. So I have been trying to rock him until he is almost alseep and then lay him down. It is not working. Any ideas that could help? Right now he is crying in his crib so tired that he can barley keep his eyes open. HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
At that age I always had to let her cry it out. Luckily, she would usually fall asleep after about 10 minutes of crying. I have no idea what we would have done otherwise. It's so hard. Good luck!
I'll tell you what I did with him when I was tending him. I made him hold off on his afternoon bottle (sorry for breaking the schedule) until right before his nap time. I feed him the bottle when he was super tired, which really comforted him, and then laid him down. Good luck!!!
Cute cute cute hair! I love it and it looks so healthy! And sorry about the non-napping baby. I wish I knew what to do but when you find out, let me know cause I'm sure I'll have the same problem. Anyways, my friend took the pictures, she lives over here in Randolph and she is great! Her website is emilywestonphotography.com
I'm pretty sure you're doing it right. He's going to have to learn to go to sleep on his own. You'll have to let him cry it out. When I use this technique I usually let Davin cry for about 30 minutes at a time then go in and give him a binki and re-tuck him in. I try not to talk to him or even really make eye contact. Sometimes he is not sleeping because he has a poopy diaper. Other times he just is fighting sleep. It generally works. Every once in awhile I still don't get a nap and he is just way tired until 7 when I can put him to bed for the night. Not having nap time is NO FUN, so I hope this works.
PS-I can't really listen to him cry so I have to shut his door, turn off the monitor and do something as far away from him as possible so I don't hear him, then just watch the clock and not check until it's been 30 minutes. Good luck!
Shannon's got it right. It's no fun listening to your kid cry, but sometimes it's the only way. Good luck!!
Post a Comment